For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future - Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Why Something Beautiful?

"Hey now, this is my desire. Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful to touch me, I know that I'm in reach 'cause I am down on my knees, I'm waiting for something beautiful"

Hola! Right now the purpose of this blog is to document my journey through exploring my call to ministry (thanks to the idea from my friend, Amanda!).  I accepted my call to ministry at the end of my junior year. Once I felt like that is where the Lord was calling me, I went full speed figuring out what the next step was. I started looking into different United Methodist seminaries. I decided to apply to five. This was/is one of the most stressful processes I have been through... drowning in personal statements and letters of recommendations. This has been a real trusting process for me. I often try to be totally in control, but I forget that He is. He has a plan for my life and I have to trust that His plan is better than my own. I will attending seminary starting next fall, receiving my master's in divinity.


Now, what is the purpose of this blog's title? The title is inspired from the song "Something Beautiful" by needtobreathe. In my life, I have been touched by many beautiful things including mission trips, wonderful friendships, and life lessons. This a way for me to appreciate, note, and remember the little things in my life that have touched me. In addition, I would like to discern my call to ministry based on my experiences. This is also to honor my friend, Becky, as this is her favorite song.


My intent is to reflect on and share things that have happened to me in conjunction with current events. I also want to discuss how we as Christians should react to various life and/or world situations. 


Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God -Philippians 4:6

1 comment:

  1. May the God of all things beautiful hold you in his precious hand today and all the days of your life! Thank you for contributing to the beautiful in this world with this new blog. I love you and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete